- This event has passed.
DataCite Connect Gothenburg 2023 (#DataCiteConnect23)
March 20 @ 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm UTC+1
The DataCite Connect event in Gothenburg provides a forum for discussion and networking for DataCite members and the broader community. The session will focus on national PID and Open Research strategies and how the DataCite community can engage in, contribute to, and support their implementation. Participants will learn about on-going efforts across different regions and will have the chance to work together to identify and discuss alignments between national strategies and their current/future plans that leverage the DataCite infrastructure and services. The outcomes of the meeting will help DataCite members and community to better understand the PID landscape in other regions, connect with PID champions and establish new collaborations. There will be plenty of time for Q&A!
This is an in-person event that will not be recorded or streamed. Slides of the speakers will be made available afterwards. Make sure to use the hashtag #DataCiteConnect23 when sharing your experience on socials.
For more information, please read the wrap-up blog post of the event.
- 13:00 Speed dating! (30 min)
- 13:30 Matthew Buys (Executive Director, DataCite), DataCite in 2023 – Working together (15 min), slides: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7755472
- 13:45 National PID and open research strategies (70 min)
- Natasha Simons (ARDC, Australia), slides: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7755869
- Petra Černohlávková, Hana Heringová (NTK, Czechia), slides: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7755502
- Antonia Schrader (Helmholtz, Germany), slides: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7755551
- Gül Akcaova, Madeleine de Smaele (SURF, Netherlands), slides: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7759825
- Adam Vials Moore (JISC, UK)
- John Aspler (CRKN, Canada) and Lee Wilson (Digital Research Alliance of Canada, Canada), slides: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7755588
- Jia Liu (Computer Network Information Center, Chinese Academy of Science, China), slides: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7756318
- 14:55 Follow up and Q&A (20 min)
- 15:15 Break (20 min)
- 15:35 Discussion in groups about national strategies (60 min)
- 16:35 Summary & Wrap up (15 min)
- 16:50 Time to connect
This event was co-located with the Research Data Alliance 20th Plenary Meeting, 21-23 March 2023, Gothenburg, Sweden, hosted by Chalmers University of Technology, the University of Gothenburg and the Swedish National Data Service (SND).