Outreach Manager: Germany (COREF and ORCID-DE projects)
DataCite is a leading global non-profit organisation that provides persistent identifiers (DOIs) for research. DataCite was founded in 2009 to support the research community in identifying, locating, accessing, and citing research outputs with confidence. DataCite develops services that enable easier access to research and provide a way for researchers to share and get credit for the outputs they generate.
DataCite is both an infrastructure and community organization, so it’s crucial that our outreach activities and work with the community inform our products and services. We were recently awarded two grants in Germany that will allow us to work more closely with the community there. These activities will focus on re3data, a recognized global research data repository registry, and ROR, the Research Organization Registry.
In this role, you would be the main point of contact within these two projects. You would collaborate with several German institutes to ensure further development of an identifier for data repositories, as well as ROR. You would be interacting with several stakeholders in the research community to understand their use cases and enable further development based on those use cases. In addition, you’d ensure more visibility of both ROR and re3data so that these are taken into consideration when policies are being developed and implementations planned. Even though this is an outreach role, a good understanding of product development is essential.
- Conduct use cases gathering for all relevant stakeholders in the research data community, including data repositories, researchers, institutions, funders, and publishers.
- Contribute to the development of globally adopted standard persistent identifiers for research data repositories and research organizations.
- Analyze the link between these new identifiers and existing identifiers already in use.
- Contribute to identifier metadata schemata.
- Develop outreach materials and promote adoption of identifiers for data repositories and research organizations.
- Carry out a survey and interviews to understand the needs and requirements for organization identifiers in Germany
Required skills and qualifications
- University degree
- Outreach experience
- Project management skills
- Familiarity with product management
- Passionate about open research
- Knowledge of the German research landscape
- Interest in PIDs and metadata
- Strong English and German language communication skills
- Experience working in an international environment
- Comfortable working remotely
- Occasional travel could be part of the job
This is a fixed-term contract for 3 years.The remuneration is based on pay scale group 13 TV-L
Please send a resume and statement of interest to Helena Cousijn <email@example.com> by December 9, 2019. Interviews will take place the week of December 16. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.