- This event has passed.
DataCite Open Hours – July 2021
July 7, 2021 @ 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm UTC+0
In the July edition of Open Hours, Helena Cousijn & Joris van Rossum (STM) introduced the topic of data curation. We were then joined by three guest speakers, who shared their fantastic presentations about metadata curation at their institutions. You can view and download the presentations below:
- PANGAEA and metadata “completeness” – Lars Möller, PANGAEA
- Data Curation and Metadata Completeness – An Institutional Repository Perspective – Jonathan Petters, Virginia Tech
- ICPSR’s Metadata Curation Process – Jay Winkler and Jared Lyle, ICPSR
We then asked for feedback from the participants with a metadata curation poll.
Kristian Garza led the last section, dedicated to the DataCite Roadmap. We heard the latest product launches from Sarala Wimalaratne:
- Mandatory fields in Fabrica
- Metadata Schema release 4.4 (Phase 1)
- Top co-author List
And, we were joined by two DataCite members who shared their suggestions for the DataCite Metadata Schema:
- ROR input for publisher field – Reyna Jenkins, University of Victoria
- Support PIDs for instruments as a related identifier – Henry Rzepa, Imperial College London